The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non profit Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of Technology education. ISTE has an Executive Council at National level.
Objective of the ISTE:
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member:
- Providing quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity.
- To assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organizations.
- Providing guidance and training to students to develop better learning skills and personality.
About Prestige ISTE Chapter:
- A Member of a National Professional Organization.
- Joined an academic Fraternity of over 45,000 strong professional.
- Preference to attend short-term training programme for the academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities.
- Getting bi-monthly Newsletter.
- Quarterly Indian journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates).
- Many more publications for Self Development, Institution Development,etc.( at concessional rates).
- Eligible to participate in Chapter level,Section level and National Navel Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest etc.
Faculty Coordinator : Ms Sarita Vijayvargiya (Asst. Prof, Dept of EE)
Establishment of ISTE Student Chapter -14 Oct- 2011
Certification number- MP-41
Establishment of Prestige ISTE Chapter -14 Oct. 2011
Prestige ISTE Chapter Certification number -MP-40
Number of Student Member of ISTE Student Chapter=470
Number of Faculty Member of Prestige ISTE Chapter=66
Prestige Institute of Engineering Management & Research, Indore among the entire Engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh is awarded as the BEST ISTE Student Chapter Award for the year 2012 & 2013. This award has been given to the Institute during the 42nd- -43National Convention of ISTE.